Hope everyone is having a great start to summer and staying safe and healthy. Our 4th annual LAHC alumni golf outing is upcoming and the details are below. All former players, parents, coaches and board members are welcome.
We've also created a GoFundMe fundraising page for anyone looking to donate to the hockey program. The golf outing was started as a way for alumni to reconnect, meet new friends, and reminisce on their hockey playing days. Over the years, I've had countless alumni ask how they can donate or give back to the hockey club, so here's an opportunity for anyone to contribute. All proceeds will go straight to the Loyola Academy Hockey Club. We've built an incredible tradition since the hockey club was founded 55 years ago, and we welcome anyone looking to give back. The fundraiser will end July 23rd after the golf outing, and I'll email an update afterwards.
- Location: Wilmette Golf Club - http://www.wilmettepark.org/golf
- Date: Friday, July 23rd - 15 back-to-back tee times reserved from 12:20-2:00pm (no shotgun start)
- Format: 4-man scramble, no handicaps needed
- Teams: you can form your own foursome or we can group you
- Costs: approximately ~$100/player (TBD based on final numbers) - due at the course on the day of the event. Small portion will go towards pin games (closest to pin, lowest team score)
- Respond to this email if you'd like to attend - firstname.lastname@example.org (this is a personal email, not a broad distribution). Include if you're forming your own group or need us to group you, and if there's a specific tee time you want - first come first serve on tee time requests
- The course has asked for a final number by Monday, July 19th
A few pictures of past champions are attached, as well as a list of historical outing records. Shout out to the class of 2002 leading the way with 17 appearances. Thank you to all the alumni who have participated over the years and allowed us to make this an annual event.
Lastly, we're always trying to build our alumni list (attached). We do not have email addresses for any names in italics - please forward this along to any of these people and have them respond to this email if they'd like to be added to future outreach.